Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 13:00:14 -0500

464 
ATHW40 PHFO 111800
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1800 UTC SAT SEP 11 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1730 UTC SEPTEMBER 11 2010

A SWATH OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS HAS FORMED OVER KAUAI AND 
THE WESTERN HALF OF THE KAUAI CHANNEL OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF HOURS. 
THIS CLOUDINESS EXTENDS FAR TO THE NORTHEAST AND SOUTHWEST FROM THE 
GARDEN ISLE.

AT THE LOWER LEVELS...SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY 
ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.  LOW CEILINGS ARE MAINLY CONFINED TO 
WINDWARD AND MAUKA SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES...AND EVEN THERE 
BROKEN CLOUDINESS IS NOT PERSISTING.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE 
EAST AT 15 TO 20 MPH STATEWIDE.

BROKEN OCCASIONALLY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE EVIDENT NORTH CLOCKWISE 
THROUGH EAST OF MAUI COUNTY...AND NORTHEAST AND EAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND.  SMALL PATCHES OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS EXIST 
WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST OF THE OTHER ISLES. 
CONDITIONS ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS...DISCOUNTING ANY HIGH CLOUDINESS.

IN THE UPPER AIR ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...A HIGH IS CENTERED ABOUT 
875 MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  ELSEWHERE...THE AXIS OF A 
TROUGH...ORIENTED EAST-NORTHEAST TO WEST-SOUTHWEST...IS 680 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND HAS BEEN HEADING EAST TO SOUTHEAST NEAR 10 
MPH.  THIS FEATURE IS HELPING TO IGNITE ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN 
THE AREA FROM 26N TO 33N BETWEEN 159W AND 168W.  ALSO...THE HIGH 
CLOUDS OVER THE WESTERN PART OF THE STATE ARE POSITIONED ALONG THE 
EASTERN AND SOUTHERN FLANKS OF THE UPPER TROUGH.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE ACTIVITY IS 
OCCURRING FROM 10N TO 14.5N BETWEEN 120W AND 147W...AND FROM 06.5N 
TO 13N BETWEEN 147W AND THE DATE LINE AT 180.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.