Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:09:42 -0500

556 
FZPN01 KWBC 112209
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT SEP 11 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 11. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 12. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 13. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 44N171E 992 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT 
AND 300 NM E OF A FRONT FROM LOW CENTER TO 37N167E TO 33N160E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N179E 984 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 50N174W TO 44N177W TO 36N173E. WITHIN 240 NM NE 
QUADRANT AND 180 NM NE OF THE FRONT N OF 50N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM NE OF THE FRONT N OF 
50N AND 120 NM E OF THE FRONT S OF 50N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA. WITHIN 120 NM NE AND E OF A 
FRONT FROM 63N172W TO 57N168W TO 48N166W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 51N133W 1003 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 
NM S QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.   
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N131W 1012 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW W OF AREA 57N167E 991 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 420 NM E 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 43N TO 50N AND W OF 167E WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 52N AND W OF 176E WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N144W 1010 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 39N155E 999 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 156W AND 168E...AND FROM 56N TO 64N BETWEEN 166W AND 
176W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 58N BETWEEN 166W AND 
178E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 60N BETWEEN 162W AND 
172W. 

.HIGH 39N137W 1026 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N140W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N141W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 40N157W 1024 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N154W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N160W 1022 MB. 

.HIGH 57N166W 1024 MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N157W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N150W 1025 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N177E 1019 MB. 

.FORECASTER ACHORN. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT SEP 11.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN SEP 12.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON SEP 13.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 13N134W 1012 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 180 NM NW AND 120 
NM SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 13N134W 1011 MB. LITTLE CHANGE TO WINDS 
AND SEAS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 13N134W 1010 MB. LITTLE CHANGE TO WINDS 
AND SEAS.

.FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 110W AND 125W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 03N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN PRIMARILY SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 04N BETWEEN 105W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.

.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 14N95W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2030 UTC SAT SEP 11...
.LOW 13N134W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 150 NM E QUADRANT OF 
THE LOW.

.SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 08N TO 10N BETWEEN 95W AND 100W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...11N110W TO 13N132W TO 11N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM S AND 60 NM N OF THE ITCZ AXIS 
BETWEEN 109W AND 112W...WITHIN 45 NM S AND 90 NM N OF THE ITCZ 
AXIS BETWEEN 120W AND 126W...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 75 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF THE ITCZ AXIS W OF 130W.

$$
.FORECASTER CAB. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.