Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 19:00:18 -0500

385 
ATHW40 PHFO 120000
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC SUN SEP 12 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 2330 UTC SEPTEMBER 11 2010

HIGH CLOUDS ARE GENERATING CEILINGS OVER KAUAI THIS EARLY AFTERNOON. 
SOME OF THIS CLOUDINESS...ORIENTED NORTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST...IS 
OCCASIONALLY SWEEPING ABOVE THE KAUAI CHANNEL AND OAHU AS WELL.

IGNORING THE HIGH CLOUDS...SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY SUNNY TO PARTLY 
CLOUDY ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE THIS EARLY AFTERNOON.  BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDINESS...ON THE OTHER HAND...HAS BEGUN TO FORM OVER THE NORTH 
KOHALA...HAMAKUA...KAU...AND KONA SLOPES ON THE BIG ISLAND...THE 
EAST- AND WEST-FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI...AND THE 
WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS MAINLY FROM THE EAST 
NEAR 15 MPH...THOUGH JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE 
MOVING FROM THE EAST-NORTHEAST NEAR 20 MPH.

EXCEPT FOR THE HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS NEAR KAUAI...CONDITIONS ARE 
CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

ALOFT ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...A HIGH REMAINS CENTERED ABOUT 900 
MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY.  THE 
AXIS OF AN UPPER TROUGH...ORIENTED EAST-NORTHEAST TO WEST- 
SOUTHWEST...IS CURRENTLY 620 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND HAS BEEN 
PUSHING TOWARD THE EAST AND SOUTHEAST NEAR 10 MPH OVER THE PAST SIX 
HOURS.  THE SYSTEM IS INDUCING ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 
MILES OF 30N157W...AND IN THE AREA FROM 27.5N TO 30.5N BETWEEN 165W 
AND 167W.  VARIOUS AMOUNTS OF HIGH CLOUDINESS EXIST ALONG THE EAST 
AND SOUTH FLANKS OF THE UPPER TROUGH...AND SOME OF THIS CIRRUS IS 
STREAKING OVER THE WESTERN PART OF THE ISLAND CHAIN AS DISCUSSED IN 
THE FIRST PARAGRAPH.

CONVECTION CONTINUES TO IGNITE ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE 
ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
FIRING FROM 10N TO 14N BETWEEN 122W AND 150W...AND FROM 06.5N TO 
12.5N BETWEEN 150W AND THE DATE LINE AT 180.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.