Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 17:09:48 -0500

996 
FZPN01 KWBC 122209
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN SEP 12 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 12. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 13. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 14. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 57N178E 983 MB MOVING N 35 KT AND WILL TURN MORE NW IN NEXT 
12 HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW CENTER TO 50N176W TO 42N177W TO 
37N177E. WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT AND 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N 
OF 50N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 
NM NE QUADRANT...420 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 50N...AND 180 NM E 
OF THE FRONT S OF 50N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 65N164E 982 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 63N173W TO 55N168W TO 46N164W. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF 
THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA WITHIN 120 NM E OF A LINE 
FROM 65N169W TO 53N166W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 39N156E 1000 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N169E 989 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NW AND 
N...360 NM E AND SW...AND 420 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 46N149W 1014 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N142W 1009 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND 
NW...AND 660 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N140W 1000 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE AND 480 NM SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT. 

.FROM 42N TO 51N AND W OF 170E AREA OF W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 45N TO 52W AND W OF 177E AREA OF W TO SW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N155W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 46N162W TO 52N166W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 162W AND 178E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 62N BETWEEN 160W AND 
172W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 46N TO 52N BETWEEN 158W AND 
165W. 

.HIGH 35N138W 1024 MB MOVING S 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N140W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 35N154W 1022 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH ABSORBED BY HIGH 33N161W.

.HIGH 35N161W 1022 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N161W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA.

.HIGH 54N155W 1024 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N151W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N154W 1025 MB. 

.HIGH 40N160E 1016 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N177E 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N172W 1020 MB. 

.FORECASTER ACHORN. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN SEP 12.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON SEP 13.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE SEP 14.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 15N...N TO NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 11.5N113W 1011 MB STATIONARY. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12.0N113W 1011 MB. WITHIN 210 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 11N 
BETWEEN 116W AND 125W...AND FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 99W AND 103W 
SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. NEW LOW DEVELOPING NEAR 
11.5N120.5W 1011 MB. WITHIN 270 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 92W AND 104W 
SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 14N134W 1011 MB STATIONARY. WITHIN 150 NM N AND 210 NM 
S SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12N135W 1011 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW AND 
N QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N136W 1010 MB. WITHIN 150 NM N AND 
60 NM SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.  

.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 03N BETWEEN 110W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N BETWEEN 95W AND 134W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11.5N120.5W 1011 MB. WITHIN 270 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2030 UTC SUN SEP 12...
.LOW PRES 11.5N113W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE.

.LOW PRES 10.5N125W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 150 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE. 

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM 09N83W TO 
07N90W TO 12N112W THEN RESUMES NEAR 12N115W TO 11N123W THEN 
RESUMES NEAR 11N127W TO 13N133W THEN RESUMES NEAR 13N136W TO 
12N140W. THERE ARE THREE 1011 MB LOW PRES SYSTEMS EMBEDDED IN 
THE ITCZ. THE LOW NEAR 12N113W HAS SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITS S SEMICIRCLE. THE LOW PRES SYSTEM NEAR 
11N125W HAS SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF IT S SW AND W 
QUADRANTS. FINALLY...THE WESTERN LOW PRES IS NEAR 13N134W AND 
HAS SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER. ELSEWHERE... 
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION LIES WITHIN 120 NM OF THE ITCZ 
AXIS BETWEEN 86W AND 92W.

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.