Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 23:55:04 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 130600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/130600Z-140600ZSEP2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 10.1N
134.9E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.7N 134.2E, APPROXIMATELY 125 NM NORTH
OF KOROR. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A 122033Z
SSMIS IMAGE DEPICT A WEAKLY-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC) WITH DISORGANIZED AND ISOLATED DEEP CONVECTION FLARING OVER
THE NORTHEAST QUADRANT. SYNOPTIC SURFACE OBSERVATIONS FROM KOROR AND
YAP AS WELL AS THREE ADDITIONAL SHIP OBSERVATIONS SUPPORT A BROAD
LLCC WITH 10-15 KNOT WESTERLY SURFACE WINDS ALONG 7-8N LATITUDE AND
10-15 KNOT NORTHEASTERLY SURFACE WINDS ALONG THE NORTHWESTERN FLANK.
SLP VALUES RANGE FROM 1008-1010 MB NEAR THE CENTER. THE UPPER-LEVEL
ENVIRONMENT IS UNFAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT WITH CONVERGENT FLOW OVER
THE LLCC ASSOCIATED WITH A TUTT CELL LOCATED NEAR 12N 134E. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1007 MB. BASED ON THE
UNFAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT AND POORLY-ORGANIZED LLCC, THE POTENTIAL FOR
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.