Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 00:00:12 -0500

088 
ATHW40 PHFO 130500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON SEP 13 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC SEPTEMBER 13 2010

IN THE UPPER AIR ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...A LOW IS CENTERED ABOUT 
550 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND HAS MOVED EAST AT LESS THAN 10 MPH 
OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  THE SYSTEM HAS RECENTLY BEEN IGNITING 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AREA FROM 20N TO 30N BETWEEN 161.5W 
AND 169W.  THE LOW AND ITS ASSOCIATED TROUGH ARE ALSO RESPONSIBLE 
FOR AN AREA OF HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDINESS THAT EXTENDS FAR TO THE 
EAST OF THE FEATURE...INCLUDING OVER THE GARDEN ISLE OF KAUAI AND 
THE ADJACENT WATERS TO ITS SOUTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH NORTHEAST.

AROUND THE ALOHA STATE THIS EARLY EVENING...MUCH OF THE BIG ISLAND 
IS BLANKETED WITH LOW CLOUDS BELOW 7500 FEET...THOUGH AREAS OF CLEAR 
TO SCATTERED CONDITIONS ARE EVIDENT IN NORTH KOHALA...SOUTHERN KAU...
AND UPSLOPE FROM APUA POINT.  LOW CLOUDS ARE PREVALENT IN THE 
EXTREME EASTERN PARTS OF EAST MAUI AND OVER THE WEST-FACING SLOPES 
OF HALEAKALA.  SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY 
ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN...IGNORING THE HIGH CLOUDS OVER 
KAUAI.

LOW CLOUDS COLLAPSING OFF THE BIG ISLAND ARE CAUSING CEILINGS 
IMMEDIATELY SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLE.  A SMALL AREA OF BROKEN 
LOW CLOUDINESS EXISTS JUST NORTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH EAST OF MAUI.  
CONDITIONS ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS...AGAIN DISCOUNTING ANY HIGH CLOUDS NEAR KAUAI.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN WEAKENING ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII OVER THE PAST 
SEVERAL HOURS.  MOST OF CONVECTION THAT REMAINS IS LOCATED FROM 10N 
TO 14N BETWEEN 135W AND 164W...AND FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 164W AND 
174E.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.