Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 07:00:07 -0500

129 
ATHW40 PHFO 131200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC MON SEP 13 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC SEPTEMBER 13 2010

AN UPPER LOW...ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY 
OVER THE PAST SEVEN HOURS...BEING AROUND 550 MILES NORTHWEST OF 
KAUAI.  THE FEATURE CONTINUES TO INDUCE ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS... 
MOST OF WHICH ARE CURRENTLY IN THE AREA FROM 23N TO 29N BETWEEN 162W 
AND 168W.  UPPER LEVEL DYNAMICS...ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW AND ITS
ACCOMPANYING TROUGH...ARE ALSO GENERATING A SWATH OF CIRRUS 
CLOUDINESS TO THE EAST OF THE SYSTEM.  SOME OF THESE HIGH CLOUDS 
HAVE BEEN STREAKING OVER KAUAI AND SURROUNDING WATERS FROM THE 
SOUTH-SOUTHWEST.

SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY OVER THE ISLAND CHAIN 
THIS EARLY MORNING...IGNORING ANY HIGH CLOUDINESS.  ON THE OTHER 
HAND...LOW CEILINGS..SOME WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS...HAVE BEEN 
OCCURRING OVER WINDWARD SECTIONS OF THE BIG ISLAND...ESPECIALLY IN 
THE HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS AND 
SHOWERS HAVE BEEN EVIDENT IN COASTAL AND LOWER UPSLOPE AREAS OF 
NORTH KONA AS WELL.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST AT 15 TO 20 
MPH ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE.

LOW CLOUDS...A MIX OF STABLE AND SHOWERY ELEMENTS...ARE SCATTERED 
TO BROKEN NORTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND 
ARE HEADING WEST WITH THE PREVAILING TRADE FLOW.  FAIRLY SMALL AREAS 
OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE LOCATED WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND SOUTH OF 
OAHU.  DISCOUNTING THE HIGH CLOUDS NEAR KAUAI...CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR 
TO SCATTERED ELSEWHERE IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

CONVECTION ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE HAS INTENSIFIED 
OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS...MOST PARTICULARLY WEST OF 160W. THIS 
UNORGANIZED ACTIVITY IS FOUND FROM 10N TO 14N BETWEEN 142W AND 
160W...AND FROM 06N TO 13.5N BETWEEN 160W AND 170E.  SOME 
THUNDERSTORM CELLS NEAR THE DATE LINE...FROM 10N TO 13N...HAVE 
RECENTLY BEEN CLIMBING TO OVER 50 THOUSAND FEET.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.