Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:47:20 -0500

897 
FZPN01 KWBC 132147
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC MON SEP 13 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 14. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 15. 

.WARNINGS.  

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 39N157E 1004 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FROM 37N TO 41N 
W OF 164E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N170E 995 MB. FROM 34N TO 44N BETWEEN 
177E AND 162E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N178E 977 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 240 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 36N TO 53N BETWEEN 171W AND 
166E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N142W 1009 MB MOVING E 05 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
40N147W TO 40N152W. WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT AND FROM 45N TO 
48N BETWEEN 140W AND 153W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N139W 1001 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
47N136W TO 39N139W TO 38N151W. WITHIN 420 NM N AND NW AND 300 NM 
SW QUADRANTS AND 240 NM E AND SE OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N138W 999 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
50N136W TO 45N129W TO 37N139W. WITHIN 360 NM W AND NW 
SEMICIRCLES AND 180 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 
FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.OVER WATERS WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E OF A FRONT FROM 62N174W TO 
58N172W TO 53N168W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM E OF A LINE FROM 65N170W TO 
56N168W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 46N TO 55N W OF 178E W TO SW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 49N166W 1009 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N156W 1009 MB. WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF A LINE FROM LOW TO 49N164W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N146W 1010 MB. FROM 34N TO 38N BETWEEN 
146W AND 171W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.LOW 47N135W 1010 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NW AND 180 
NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 45N139W. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 166W...AND FROM 57N TO 62N BETWEEN 167W AND 
175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM OF 61N170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 55N153W 1025 MB MOVING NW 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 56N154W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N159W 1024 MB. 

.HIGH 33N139W 1023 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N137W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N134W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 33N162W 1022 MB DRIFTING S. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 41N175E 1019 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N171W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON SEP 13.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE SEP 14.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED SEP 15.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 16N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 11.5N TO 14N BETWEEN 96W AND 101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 
14.5N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 10.5N136W 1011 MB MOVING SW 5 KT. WITHIN 210 NM OF LOW 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 10.5N137W 1010 MB. WITHIN 270 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 13N TO 19N 
W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 10N138W 1010 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 270 NM NW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
WITHIN 150 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.LOW PRES 11N125W 1010 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 
12.5N123.5W TO 14N120W. WITHIN 180 NM NW OF TROUGH WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. WITHIN 210 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N124W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE...S 
AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N126W 1010 MB. WITHIN 150 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 10.5N113W 1010 MB DRIFTING E. FROM 06N TO 10.5N 
BETWEEN 97W AND 118W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11.5N112W 1011 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N 
TO 10N BETWEEN 102W AND 114W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N111W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
06N TO 11N BETWEEN 88W AND 112W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N WITHIN 120 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N WITHIN 120 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST S OF 03N BETWEEN 107W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN PARAGRAPHS ABOVE... 
ELSEWHERE S OF 10N W OF 96W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN PARAGRAPHS ABOVE...
ELSEWHERE S OF 16N W OF 120W AND S OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW PRES 11N99W 1009 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12N102W 1009 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC MON SEP 13... 
.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN 
95W AND 102W.

.SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST 
OF MEXICO BETWEEN 22.5N AND 26N.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS IS ANALYZED FROM 11N86W TO 
10N106W TO LOW PRES NEAR 11N114W TO LOW PRES NEAR 11N124W TO LOW 
PRES NEAR 11N135W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 150 
NM S OF THE ITCZ AXIS BETWEEN 92W AND 105W...WITHIN 90 NM S OF 
THE ITCZ AXIS BETWEEN 111W AND 116W...AND WITHIN 150 NM S OF 
AXIS BETWEEN 129W AND 136W. A TROUGH EXTENDS THROUGH THE LOW 
PRES SYSTEM NEAR 11N124 FROM 14N122W TO LOW PRES TO 08N125W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION LIES WITHIN 60 NM W OF TROUGH N OF 
12N.

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.