Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:04:04 -0500

441 
ATPQ40 PGUM 140303
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST TUE SEP 14 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH WELL WEST OF THE MARIANAS EXTENDS FROM 12N130E 
NORTHEAST TO 22N135E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
ARE OCCURRING IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 20N130E TO 22N137E TO 18N138E 
TO 8N130E BACK TO 20N130E.

AN UPPER LOW CENTERED WEST OF WAKE ISLAND NEAR 19N157E IS PRODUCING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 75 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 18N158E TO 20N155E TO 22N155E TO 22N162E TO 18N171E TO 
15N165E...INCLUDING WAKE ISLAND.

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES ACROSS MICRONESIA FROM 5N147E ACROSS 
CHUUK TO 9N156E TO 8N166E TO 8N176E TO BEYOND 180 AT 11N. STRONG 
LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE NEAR AND SOUTH OF THIS TROUGH IS GENERATING 
WIDESPREAD CLOUDINESS...SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
WEST OF CHUUK IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 5N143E TO 8N151E TO 4N152E BACK 
TO 5N143E...AND BETWEEN 4N AND 10N FROM 155E TO 178E...INCLUDING 
POHNPEI...KWAJALEIN AND MAJURO. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.