Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:41:14 -0500

453 
FZPN01 KWBC 140340
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC TUE SEP 14 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA 40N159E 1000 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FROM 33N TO 41N 
BETWEEN 169E AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N174E 992 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE...600 NM 
SW...180 NM NW...AND 360 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N180W 972 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 
55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM SE...600 NM 
SW...420 NM NW...AND 540 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 45N142W 1006 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NW AND 
BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N138W 998 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
48N134W TO 41N135W TO 37N146W. WITHIN 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLE AND 
240 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N139W 997 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NW AND 
BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N139W 998 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
50N139W TO 47N126W TO 41N128W TO 37N135W. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND 
360 NM NW QUADRANTS AND 180 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 64N172W TO 52N166W. WITHIN 240 NM NE OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 48N134W 1009 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 240 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

.LOW 48N164W 1010 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N152W 1010 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N140W 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N168E 1002 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 165W...AND FROM 57N TO 62N BETWEEN 167W AND 
176W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 57N TO 63N BETWEEN 166W AND 
177W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 56N153W 1026 MB MOVING SW 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N156W 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N159W 1023 MB.

.HIGH 33N138W 1022 MB MOVING SW 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.HIGH 33N164W 1022 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 42N179E 1020 MB MOVING NE 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N171W 1020 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE SEP 14.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED SEP 15.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU SEP 16.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 28N WITHIN 120 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N WITHIN 120 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N WITHIN 120 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 11.5N TO 14N BETWEEN 96W AND 102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 
15N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 10N136W 1011 MB MOVING SW 5 KT. WITHIN 210 NM OF LOW 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 10.5N137W 1009 MB. WITHIN 270 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 13N TO 19N 
W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 10N138W 1009 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 270 NM NW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
WITHIN 150 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.LOW PRES 11N124W 1008 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 
14N122W. WITHIN 150 NM NW OF TROUGH WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
WITHIN 210 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N124W 1008 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE...S 
AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N126W 1007 MB. WITHIN 150 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 10.5N113W 1008 MB STATIONARY. WITHIN 90 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 06N TO 10.5N BETWEEN 
97W AND 118W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11.5N112W 1008 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N 
TO 10N BETWEEN 102W AND 114W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N111W 1007 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
06N TO 11N BETWEEN 88W AND 112W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT.

.DEVELOPING LOW PRES 10.5N97W 1008 MB. FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 
93W AND 105W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST 11N99W 1007 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12N102W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 

.12 HOUR FORECAST S OF 03N BETWEEN 107W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN PARAGRAPHS ABOVE... 
ELSEWHERE S OF 10N W OF 96W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN PARAGRAPHS ABOVE...
ELSEWHERE S OF 16N W OF 120W AND S OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0200 UTC TUE SEP 14...

.SCATTERED MODERATE WAS DIMINISHING ACROSS THE GULF OF 
CALIFORNIA AS NIT MOVED N BETWEEN 23N AND 26N.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG NOTED FROM 08N TO 11N E OF 90W. 

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...ITCZ AXIS IS BETTER 
CHARACTERIZED AS AN ELONGATED MONSOONAL TROUGH WITH CONVERGENCE 
AND CONVECTION OCCURRING ON THE S SIDE IN THE SW TO W WIND FLOW. 
THIS AXIS WAS ANALYZED FROM 09N90W TO DEVELOPING LOW NEAR 
10.5N97W 1008 MB TO LOW NEAR 10.5N113W 1008 MB TO LOW NEAR 
11N124W 1008 MB TO LOW NEAR 10N136W 1011 MB TO 10N140W AND 
BEYOND. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WAS NOTED 
WITHIN 60 NM N AND 120 NM S OF TROUGH AXIS E OF 120W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF TROUGH 
W OF 126W. 

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.