Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 00:00:15 -0500

737 
ATHW40 PHFO 140500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE SEP 14 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC SEPTEMBER 14 2010

MOST OF THE BIG ISLAND BELOW 8500 FEET IS COVERED WITH LOW 
CLOUDS...SOME WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS.  AS OF BULLETIN TIME...THE ONLY 
AREAS WHERE CLEAR TO SCATTERED SKIES EXIST AT THE LOWER ELEVATIONS 
ARE IN NORTH KOHALA AND PUNA.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ARE 
ALSO EVIDENT ON THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI AND OVER THE 
WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS.  SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS...AS WELL...HAVE RECENTLY 
MOVED OVER WINDWARD SECTIONS OF OAHU AND THE KOOLAU RANGE.  
CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY ELSEWHERE OVER THE ISLAND 
CHAIN THIS EARLY EVENING.  LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING FROM THE EAST 
BETWEEN 15 AND 20 MPH ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE.

UPWIND FROM THE ISLES ARE SCATTERED TO OCCASIONALLY BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS...THOUGH CLOUDINESS IS BROKEN TO OVERCAST IMMEDIATELY NORTH 
CLOCKWISE THROUGH SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...INCLUDING IN THE 
ALENUIHAHA CHANNEL.  LOW CLOUDINESS COLLAPSING OFF THE BIG ISLAND IS 
BEGINNING TO GENERATE CEILINGS JUST SOUTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH WEST OF 
THE ISLE.  PLUME CLOUDS ARE PRODUCING OCCASIONAL LOW CEILINGS WEST 
OF NIIHAU.  SKIES ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT 
COASTAL WATERS.

IN THE UPPER AIR ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...A BROAD TROUGH...ORIENTED 
NORTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST AND NEARLY STATIONARY...HAS DEVELOPED TO THE 
WEST AND NORTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS.  A LOW IS EMBEDDED WITHIN THE 
TROUGH AND IS CURRENTLY CENTERED NEAR 27.5N168.5W.  THE LOW HAS 
DRIFTED WEST OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  THE SYSTEM AS A WHOLE HAS 
BEEN IGNITING SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS...WITH MUCH OF THE ACTIVITY 
LOCATED FROM 20N TO 24N BETWEEN 170W AND 174W.  MORE CONVECTION IS 
FOUND WITHIN 120 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 31N160.5W TO 
28.5N165W TO 26N170W.

UNORGANIZED CONVECTION IS IGNITING ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN FIRING FROM 07N TO 11.5N EAST OF 146W...AND 
FROM 09N TO 15N WEST OF 159W.  

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.