Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 04:58:43 -0500

856 
FZPN01 KWBC 140958
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE SEP 14 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 40N160E 1000 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 34N TO 43N BETWEEN 
172E AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N175E 982 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
AND NE AND E QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 49N BETWEEN 176W AND 162E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N178E 973 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 16 TO 25 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N180W 977 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM SE...600 NM SW...480 NM NW...AND 660 NM NE QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 45N141W 1004 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SE QUADRANT 
AND 240 NM N OF A LINE FROM 50N130W TO 43N146W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N138W 997 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
50N135W TO 45N131W TO 41N133W TO 38N144W. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
QUADRANT...360 NM NW SEMICIRCLE...AND 180 NM E AND SE OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N139W 1000 MB. FROM 44N TO 53N BETWEEN 
130W AND 150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER WATERS WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 64N171W TO 50N165W 
SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 46N161W 1009 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N150W 1010 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N138W 1009 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.LOW 37N177W 1014 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 34N TO 39N BETWEEN 164W 
AND 173W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 39N BETWEEN 154W AND 173W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 36N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM NW OF A LINE FROM 
54N178W TO 61N166W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 57N TO 63N W OF 168W...AND FROM 
39N TO 45N BETWEEN 179W AND 176E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 52N TO 61N BETWEEN 169W AND 
180W.

.HIGH 56N154W 1025 MB MOVING SW 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N157W 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N158W 1021 MB.

.HIGH 31N139W 1023 MB DRIFTING S.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.HIGH 33N163W 1021 MB DRIFTING SE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 44N170W 1020 MB MOVING NE 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N160E 1022 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE SEP 14.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED SEP 15.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU SEP 16.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 28N WITHIN 120 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA  NW TO N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 27N WITHIN 120 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA  NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 25N WITHIN 120 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N99W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N96W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 11N124W 1010 MB STATIONARY.  WITHIN 150 NM S AND N 
QUADRANTS  WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES 11N124W 1009 MB.  WITHIN 180 NM NW 
QUADRANT  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES DISSIPATED.  CONDITIONS MERGE WITH 
SW SWELL DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPH BELOW.

.FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 97W AND 118W  SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  DEVELOPING LOW PRES 11N110W 1009 MB.  FROM 
06N TO 11N BETWEEN 100W AND 115W  SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
13 FT.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN PARAGRAPHS ABOVE...S OF 06N W OF 96W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  EXCEPT AS NOTED IN PARAGRAPHS ABOVE...S OF 
14N W OF 95W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  EXCEPT AS NOTED IN PARAGRAPHS ABOVE  S OF 15N 
W OF 89W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. 

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0915 UTC TUE SEP 14...

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG FROM 07N TO 09N E OF 92W. 

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...ELONGATED MONSOONAL TROUGH WITH 
CONVERGING SW AND E-NE WINDS HAS BEEN ANALYZED ALONG PATH OF 
ITCZ.  TROUGH AXIS EXTENDS FROM 12N90W TO 10N119W TO 09N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 150 NM S OF TROUGH 
AXIS.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.