Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 05:45:08 -0500

860 
FZPN40 PHFO 141045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE SEP 14 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 14 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 15 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 16 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 10N140W TO 11N154W NEARLY STATIONARY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE TROUGH E OF 144W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW FORMED ALONG TROUGH NEAR 11N151W 1011MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N156W 1011MB.

.TROUGH FROM 29N169W TO 19N177W MOVING W SLOWLY.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS BETWEEN 22N AND 25N BOUNDED BY 171W AND 174W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N179E TO 29N174E TO 27N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 10N AND 20N E OF 155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 10N AND 20N E OF 160W.

.ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 23N172E 16N175E 14N166E 
22N160E 23N172E.

.ITCZ 12N157W TO 13N165W TO 11N172W TO 11N179E TO 09N160E.  
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 171E.  
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS BETWEEN 04N AND 09N E OF 171E.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.