Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 07:00:12 -0500

620 
ATHW40 PHFO 141200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC TUE SEP 14 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC SEPTEMBER 14 2010

LOW CLOUD CEILINGS ARE PREVALENT OVER THE BIG ISLAND BELOW 7500 FEET 
THIS EARLY MORNING.  SOME OF THE CLOUDINESS IS EMBEDDED WITH LIGHT 
SHOWERS...ESPECIALLY ON THE WINDWARD SIDE OF THE ISLE.  BROKEN LOWER 
CLOUDS HAVE ALSO BEEN AFFECTING KAUAI.  THE REST OF THE ALOHA STATE 
IS PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY...THOUGH A SWATH OF BROKEN 
TO OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS...DEBRIS FROM OLD CONVECTION AND MOVING FROM 
THE SOUTH-SOUTHWEST...HAS BEGUN TO SWEEP OVER THE AREA FROM OAHU TO 
THE BIG ISLAND.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST BETWEEN 15 AND 
20 MPH ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.

IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...LOWER CLOUDINESS IS SCATTERED TO 
BROKEN UPWIND FROM THE ISLES AND IS MOVING WEST WITH THE PREVAILING 
TRADE FLOW.  SMALL AREAS OF PATCHY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE EVIDENT 
SOUTHEAST CLOCKWISE THROUGH WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND...WHILE AN 
EXPANDING CLUSTER OF LOW CLOUDINESS IS MOVING BY JUST SOUTH OF 
KAUAI.  SKIES ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED ELSEWHERE...IGNORING THE HIGH 
CLOUDS JUST TO THE SOUTH OF OAHU AND MAUI COUNTY.

ALOFT ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...AN UPPER LOW HAS BECOME MORE COMPLEX 
SINCE LAST EVENING.  IT APPEARS THERE MAY NOW BE TWO CIRCULATION 
CENTERS.  THE MEAN POSITION OF THE LOW IS ABOUT 685 MILES 
WEST-NORTHWEST OF KAUAI...NEAR 27.5N169W.  THE FEATURE HAS MOVED 
TOWARD THE WEST AT LESS THAN 10 MPH OVER THE PAST SEVEN HOURS.  THE 
LOW IS PART OF A LARGE UPPER TROUGH...ORIENTED NORTHEAST TO 
SOUTHWEST...THAT HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY WEST AND NORTHWEST OF 
THE ISLANDS.  THE SYSTEM AS A WHOLE HAS BEEN INDUCING SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS...MOST OF WHICH ARE CURRENTLY LOCATED FROM 
19N TO 26N BETWEEN 168W AND 175.5W.

CONVECTION HAS BECOME WEAK AND SPARSE ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE SOUTH OF HAWAII OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS.  ONE 
AREA OF SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IS FOUND FROM 07N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 132W AND 146W...AND ANOTHER IS FROM 05.5N TO 16N BETWEEN 
157W AND 167W.  MORE ACTIVITY IS LOCATED WEST OF 175W FROM 07N TO 
14N.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.