Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:45:06 -0500

856 
FZPN40 PHFO 141645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE SEP 14 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 14 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 15 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 16 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 10N140W TO 11N154W NEARLY STATIONARY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM S OF THE TROUGH E OF 144W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW FORMED ALONG TROUGH NEAR 10N154W 1010MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N158W 1010MB.

.TROUGH FROM 30N167W TO 27N175W TO 18N178W MOVING W 10 KT.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 20N AND 25N BOUNDED BY 171W AND 175W.

.HIGH 30N140W 1022MB MOVING SW 10 KT.  RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 28N150W TO 
29N160W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N180E TO 28N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 10N AND 20N E OF 155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 10N AND 20N E OF 160W.

.ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 23N160E 24N169E 17N170E 
20N160E 23N160E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N157W TO 14N165W TO 11N171W TO 12N173W TO 10N160E.
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 11N160E 
TO 11N168E TO 02N169E TO 08N160E TO 11N160E.  SCATTERED STRONG 
TSTMS BETWEEN 10N AND 13N BOUNDED BY 174E AND 177E.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.