Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:40:06 -0500

096 
FZPN40 PHFO 142240
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE SEP 14 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 14 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 15 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 16 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK LOW 11N147W MOVING W 15 KT. TROUGH 12N146W TO LOW TO 09N148W 
ALSO MOVING W 15 KT.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF POINT 
12N146W AND WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 09N146W TO 08N141W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N153W 1010MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N158W 1011MB.

.TROUGH FROM 27N170W TO 24N174W TO 20N176W MOVING W 10 KT.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM SE OF TROUGH. 

.HIGH 29N146W 1023MB NEARLY STATIONARY.  RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 30N150W 
TO 29N160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 27N152W 1022 MB.

.RIDGE FROM 30N180E TO 28N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN 145W AND 152W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 10N TO 18N E OF 158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 10N TO 15N E OF 160W.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 21N160E TO 20N163E TO 
18N168E. ALSO WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 04N164E.

.ITCZ FROM 13N169W TO 12N179W TO 13N175E TO 11N163E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 10N160E TO 16N170E 
TO 12N179W TO 07N176E TO 09N168E TO 06N160E TO 10N160E.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.