Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:04:06 -0500

604 
ATPQ40 PGUM 150303 CCA
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST WED SEP 15 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED 
WITH NEWLY FORMED TD 12W ARE LOCATED ALONG OUR WESTERN BOUNDARY AND 
SOUTH OF OKINAWA FROM 16N TO 23N AND WEST OF 135E. REFER TO JTWC 
BULLETIN WTPN31 PGTW OR FROM JMA RJTD FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON 
THIS SYSTEM.

SCATTERED SHOWERS AND POCKETS OF ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND 
ALONG A SERIES OF UPPER-LEVEL LOWS TO THE NORTH AND NORTHEAST OF THE 
MARIANAS AND IN THE VICINITY OF WAKE ISLAND AND ARE LOCATED FROM 20N 
TO 25N BETWEEN 141E AND 144E AND FROM 18N TO 24N BETWEEN 149E AND 
168E. IN ADDITION...A WEAKER AREA OF ISOLATED SHOWERS AND 
THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SAME UPPER-LEVEL FEATURE IS 
LOCATED OVER AND TO THE EAST OF THE MARIANAS FROM 13N TO 16N BETWEEN 
143E AND 155E. 

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES BETWEEN GUAM AND KOROR AND IS 
BRINGING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 4N132E...SOUTH OF KOROR...AND 7N146E IN 
WESTERN CHUUK STATE.  THIS SAME FEATURE IS HELPING TO DEVELOP A 
SMALLER AREA OF ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS NEAR YAP...FROM 
8N TO 10N BETWEEN 137E AND 142E.

IN SOUTHEAST MICRONESIA TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE AND WEAK TROUGHING 
ARE HELPING TO DEVELOP WIDE-SPREAD SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN THE ITCZ FROM 4N TO 9N BETWEEN 153E AND 173E. 
THIS AREA STARTS JUST EAST OF CHUUK AND INCLUDES POHNPEI...KOSRAE... 
KWAJALEIN AND MAJURO. IT ALSO INCLUDES AREAS BETWEEN 10N AND 15N 
FROM 154E TO 158E...FROM 162E TO 168E...AND FROM 170E TO 178E.  

$$

EDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.