Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:44:55 -0500

012 
FZPN01 KWBC 150344
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED SEP 15 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 15. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 16. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 44N173E 990 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SE...420 NM 
SW...180 NM NW...AND 300 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N180W 974 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND 240 
NM W SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 38N TO 55N BETWEEN 167W AND 168E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N176W 984 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
53N180W TO 53N171W TO 42N162W. FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 170W AND 
172E...AND 180 NM N AND NE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
13 TO 23 FT...EXCEPT NE AND E OF THE FRONT 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 48N138W 998 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
49N135W TO 41N134W TO 38N147W. WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT...420 NM 
NW AND N SEMICIRCLES...AND 180 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N137W 997 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM 
NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N137W 1000 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 360 NM 
NE AND N QUADRANTS...AND FROM 44N TO 53N BETWEEN 140W AND 151W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N140W 1002 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NW AND 360 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 40N151W 10009 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N140W 1009 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS AND 240 NM S OF A LINE FROM 36N146W TO 38N165W WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N130W 1004 MB. FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 
125W AND 133W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.LOW 45N159W 1014 MB DRIFTING SE. WITHIN 180 NM E AND NE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 51N167E 1001 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 48N180W 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.FROM 34N TO 47N BETWEEN 122W AND 124W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM FROM 32N TO 36N BETWEEN 120W AND 123W N 
TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 56N TO 62N W 
OF 167W...WITHIN 120 NM OF 50N170E...AND WITHIN 180 NM OF 
41N175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 59N TO 62N W OF 171W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 51N TO 61N BETWEEN 169W AND 
179E. 

.HIGH 55N157W 1024 MB MOVING SW 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N160W 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 56N156W 1024 MB.

.HIGH 50N172W 1021 MB MOVING N 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N164E 1024 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED SEP 15.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU SEP 16.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI SEP 17.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW NEAR 10N136W 1012 MB MOVING W 07 KT. WITHIN 120 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 17N W 
OF 130W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 10N140W 1010 MB. FROM 11N TO 18N W OF
135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 16N W OF 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED W OF AREA. FROM 11N TO 17N W OF 136W 
NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.WEAKENING LOW NEAR 11N124W 1012 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. WITHIN 180 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N BETWEEN 120W AND 
130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 100W
AND 120W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE
S OF 16N BETWEEN 93W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NEAR 12N110W 1008 MB. WITHIN 240 NM
S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. WITHIN 60 NM 
N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SWELL.

.FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 96W AND 120W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. S OF 15N BETWEEN 96W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN S TO SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 12N BETWEEN 96W AND 120W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST 06N TO 12N BETWEEN 96W AND 120W S TO SW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 19N W 
OF 90W AND N OF 10N E OF 90W...EXCEPT JUST NE OF GALAPAGOS 
ISLANDS...WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N WITHIN 120 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N WITHIN 90 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA
CALIFORNIA NW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0315 UTC WED SEP 15...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 
11N88W TO 09N91W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...12N90W TO 10N101W TO 13N114W
TO 10N125W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 97W AND 110W...WITHIN 180 NM N OF 
AXIS BETWEEN 119W AND 122W...AND 60 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 125W 
AND 128W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 133W 
AND 137W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.