Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 23:45:11 -0500

310 
FZPN40 PHFO 150445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED SEP 15 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 15 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 16 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 17 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK LOW 11N148W MOVING W 15 KT. TROUGH FROM 12N146W TO LOW TO 
09N149W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA FROM 09N TO 10N E OF 
147W...AND  WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 11N149W TO 12N151W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N154W 1010MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N159W 1011MB.

.TROUGH FROM 26N176W TO 20N177W MOVING W 10 KT.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 25N169W TO 21N176W.

.HIGH 29N146W 1022MB NEARLY STATIONARY.  RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 30N150W 
TO FROM HIGH TO 29N160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 27N156W 1022 MB.

.HIGH 29N177E 1019MB MOVING W 15 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 27N160E AND  
TO 30N174W.
.24 HOUR HIGH 28N170E 1019 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N161E 1019 MB.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN 145W AND 152W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 10N TO 18N E OF 158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 10N TO 15N E OF 160W.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA FROM 03N TO 15N W OF 169E. ALSO 
WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 21N160E TO 19N167E. ALSO WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 
25N166E.

.ITCZ FROM 14N174W TO 13N179E TO 15N168E. SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.