Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 04:35:38 -0500

425 
FZPN01 KWBC 150935
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED SEP 15 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 15. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 16. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 45N175E 982 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND 240 NM 
NE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
36N TO 49N BETWEEN 175W AND 163E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 
FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N178E 973 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N179W 976 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 540 NM SW AND 420 NM NW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N176W 987 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
54N175W TO 52N168W TO 43N161W. WITHIN 540 NM SE...600 NM 
SW...480 NM NW...AND 300 NM NE QUADRANTS AND 240 NM NE AND E OF 
THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
44N176W. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 48N137W 997 MB MOVING W 05 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N136W 
TO 44N131W TO 37N141W. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 
420 NM NW AND N QUADRANTS...AND 180 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N140W 1001 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT 
AND FROM 43N TO 53N BETWEEN 140W AND 152W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N140W 1002 MB. FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 
138W AND 148W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 39N149W 1010 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N138W 1008 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N129W 1005 MB. FROM 40N TO 48N E OF 131W 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.LOW 45N160W 1012 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 240 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 33N TO 38N BETWEEN 160W AND 172W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 39N BETWEEN 157W AND 168W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 38N BETWEEN 148W AND 167W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 37N BETWEEN 121W AND 124W N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 36N BETWEEN 120W AND 123W N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 120 NM OF 
51N138W...FROM 38N TO 44N BETWEEN 178W AND 176E...AND N OF 57N 
BETWEEN 173W AND 179W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 51N TO 59N BETWEEN 169W AND 
174W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.

.HIGH 55N158W 1024 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N158W 1023 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 56N155W 1024 MB.

.HIGH 56N170W 1018 MB MOVING N 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH INLAND 61N157W 1023 MB MOVING NW 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 64N163W 1023 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 64N167W 1024 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N160E 1023 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N165E 1022 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED SEP 15.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU SEP 16.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI SEP 17.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES AT 10N136W 1012 MB DRIFT W.  WITHIN 420 NM N QUADRANT 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 10N140W 1010 MB.  FROM 10N TO 
18N W OF 136W  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 16N 
W OF 120W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES W OF AREA. FROM 12N TO 17N W OF 138W 
NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.

.WEAK LOW PRES AT 13N107W 1009 MB DRIFT W.  WITHIN 120 NM N 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.  S OF 13N FROM 102W TO 
120W  SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES DISSIPATED.  FROM 06N TO 12N BETWEEN 
100W AND 120W  S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 16N FROM 93W TO 120W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  NEW LOW PRES NEAR 12N107W 1009 MB.  WITHIN 
240 NM S SEMICIRCLE  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.  WITHIN 
60 NM N SEMICIRCLE  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 25N WITHIN 120 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA  NW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 26N WITHIN 90 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA  NW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0915 UTC WED SEP 15...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF S SEMICIRCLE 
OF LOW PRES 13N107W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...14N95W TO 10N107W TO 12N119W TO 
10N130W TO 11N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
120 NM S AND 90 NM N OF AXIS FROM 106W TO 119W.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.