Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 07:41:31 -0500

188 
ATHW40 PHFO 151241
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC WED SEP 15 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC SEPTEMBER 15 2010

SATELLITE ANIMATION OF THE PAST 7 HOURS SHOWS LOW CLOUD COVERAGE 
HAVE INCREASED TO MAINLY BROKEN OVER THE EASTERN PORTION OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...SPECIFICALLY EAST OF MOLOKAI. THESE CLOUDS 
CONTAIN SHOWERS...AND WITH THE HELP OF THE MODERATE TRADE WINDS... 
THE WINDWARD SECTIONS OF THE ISLAND OF HAWAII AND MAUI...HAVE HAD 
SOME PASSING SHOWERS. THE REMAINING ISLANDS SUCH AS MOLOKAI OAHU AND 
KAUAI...ARE ALSO EXPERIENCING PASSING SHOWERS TO THEIR WINDWARD AND 
MOUNTAIN AREAS BUT TO A MUCH LESSER EXTENT. FOR THE SMALLER 
ISLANDS...MOST OF THE SHOWERS WOULD DISSIPATED UPON CROSSING THE 
MOUNTAIN RANGES THUS LEAVING THE LEEWARD SECTIONS DRY. THE CLOUDS 
AND SHOWERS ARE MOVING IN FROM THE EAST NORTHEAST AT AROUND 20 MPH.

THE LOW CLOUDS HAVE LOOSEN UP SOME DURING THE PAST HOUR ACROSS THE 
LEEWARD SIDE OF THE BIG ISLAND...SOUTH OF WAIKOLOA. THE KAU SLOPES 
ARE EXPERIENCING BRIEF PASSING CLOUDS AND SPRINKLES. THE COMPLEXION 
CHANGES OVER THE ADJACENT WATERS OFF THE KAU COAST WHERE WEATHER 
RADAR IS DETECTING SCATTERED SHOWERS.

THE BAND OF HIGH LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS HAVE SHIFTED SLIGHTLY WEST 
THUS AVOIDING KAUAI COUNTY AND THE REST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS THE NEARLY STATIONARY UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 
20N176W. A TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHWARD THROUGH 25N172W TO 30N166W. 
ANOTHER TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTH FROM THE LOW TO 10N176W. THUNDERSTORM 
ACTIVITY HAS CEASED AT THE BASE OF THE TROUGH...AROUND 10N178W...BUT 
REMAINS PRESENT WITHIN 100 MILES SOUTH SEMICIRCLE OF THE UPPER LEVEL 
LOW. THE CIRRUS REMAINS PRETTY MUCH CONFINED TO A BAND...100 MILES 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 10N180W TO 16N172W TO 25N163W TO 27N143W.

THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY IS NON EXISTENT IN THE TROPICS SOUTH OF THE 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...EXCEPT FOR A LONE CELL AT 07N167W.

$$

LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.