Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:40:16 -0500

872 
FZPN40 PHFO 152240
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED SEP 15 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 15 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 16 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 17 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK LOW 11N153W 1011 MB MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 180 NM NW QUADRANT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N158W 1011 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N162W 1011 MB.

.TROUGH FROM 28N178W TO 21N180W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM E OF TROUGH S OF 23N AND WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 
22N175W. 

.HIGH 28N149W 1023 MB MOVING W 10 KT. RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO HIGH 
TO 28N160W TO 29N175W NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH NEAR 28N155W 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 27N157W 1021 MB.

.RIDGE FROM 29N179E TO 30N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK LOW 12N141W 1012 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 12N142W 1011 MB.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 10N TO 19N E OF 158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 10N TO 18N E OF 161W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 11N TO 17N BETWEEN 155W AND 
164W.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 22N160E TO 15N170E TO 
11N176E. ALSO W OF 162E FROM 10N TO 16N...ALSO FROM 04N TO 08N W OF 
174E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 09N145W TO 10N150W...AND FROM 09N153W TO 
06N160W TO 07N178W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ 
FROM 146W TO 151W AND W OF 161W.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.