Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 23:03:22 -0500

056 
ATPQ40 PGUM 160403
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST THU SEP 16 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING EAST OF TROPICAL 
STORM FANAPI (12W) LOCATED JUST EAST OF TAIWAN AND SOUTH OF 
OKINAWA... OR BETWEEN 18N AND 24N AND WEST OF 132E.  REFER TO JTWC 
BULLETIN UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN31 PGTW OR JMA WARNING UNDER WMO 
HEADER WTJP21 RJTD FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON FANAPI.

A SERIES OF UPPER-LEVEL LOWS AND TROUGHS LOCATED NORTH OF THE 
MARIANAS AND STRETCHING EAST TOWARDS WAKE ISLAND ARE HELPING TO 
CREATE SEVERAL AREAS OF ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS INCLUDING 
FROM 15N TO 25N BETWEEN 139E AND 142E...FROM 22N TO 25N BETWEEN 145E 
AND 156E...AND FROM 22N TO 24N BETWEEN 160E AND 164E. IN 
ADDITION...AN UPPER LOW NEAR 21N150E IS HELPING TO GENERATE 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS FROM 17N TO 22N BETWEEN 
144E AND 153E.

SOUTH OF THESE UPPER-LEVEL FEATURES...TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE AND 
TROUGHING ARE AIDING A COUPLE OF FEATURES EAST OF GUAM FROM 10N TO 
16N BETWEEN 145E TO 157E AND ALSO SOUTH OF WAKE FROM 11N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 160E TO 173E.

IN THE TROPICS SOUTH OF 10N...ITCZ-RELATED LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE IN 
THE VICINITY OF PALAU IS HELPING TO GENERATE SCATTERED SHOWERS FROM 
5N TO 12N BETWEEN 130E AND 136E...AND ALSO OVER A LARGER AREA 
BETWEEN CHUUK...POHNPEI AND MAJURO FROM 3N TO 9N BETWEEN FROM 150E 
TO 173E.

$$

EDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.