Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 23:40:14 -0500

516 
FZPN40 PHFO 160440
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU SEP 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK LOW 11N154W 1010 MB MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 150 NM E QUADRANT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N159W 1010 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N163W 1010 MB.

.TROUGH FROM 28N179W TO 21N179W MOVING W 10 KT. 

.HIGH 28N149W 1021 MB MOVING W 10 KT. RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO HIGH 
TO 28N160W TO 29N175W NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH NEAR 28N155W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N159W 1020 MB.

.RIDGE FROM 29N179E TO 30N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK LOW 11N142W 1010 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 12N143W 1009 MB.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 10N TO 19N E OF 158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 10N TO 18N E OF 161W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 11N TO 17N BETWEEN 155W AND 
164W.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 21N160E TO 15N170E TO 
10N175E. ALSO WITHIN AREA FROM 05N TO 08N W OF 170E. ALSO FROM 19N 
TO 23N BETWEEN 174W AND 198W. ALSO WITHIN 30 NM OF POINT 14N177E...
AND POINT 12N141W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N142W TO 10N151W...AND FROM 08N156W TO 06N165W TO 
07N177W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ FROM 149W TO 
151W AND ALSO W OF 163W.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.