Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 00:31:02 -0500

228 
ATHW40 PHFO 160530
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC THU SEP 16 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC SEPTEMBER 16 2010

TRADE WINDS CONTINUED TO SWEEP RELATIVELY SPARSE PATCHES OF 
SCATTERED CUMULUS CLOUDS THROUGH THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS EARLY THIS 
WEDNESDAY EVENING.  THERE WERE A FEW SMALL CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED TO 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS STREWN ABOUT THE AREA...BUT THEY WERE FEW AND FAR 
BETWEEN.  

AT 7 PM...A FEW SMALL CLUSTERS SURROUNDED KAUAI WITH MOST OF THEM 
ALREADY MOVING OFF TO THE WEST.  BUT SEVERAL MORE CLUSTERS WERE SEEN 
UPWIND OF THE GARDEN ISLE...JUST OVER 200 MILES EAST OF KAUAI...OR 
ABOUT 125 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST OF OAHU.  A MUCH LARGER CLUSTER OF 
MOSTLY BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS WAS IMMEDIATELY SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND.  THIS LARGE CLUSTER WILL LIKELY JUST BRUSH THE SOUTH SIDE OF 
THE BIG ISLAND AS IT PASSES SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND OVERNIGHT.  OAHU 
AND THE MAUI COUNTY ISLANDS WERE SEEING THE FEWEST CLOUDS AT THE 
MOMENT. 

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW WELL WEST OF THE STATE NEAR 22N 177W WAS MOVING 
WEST AT 10 TO 15 MILES AN HOUR.  ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WERE FORMING 
WITHIN 125 MILES OF THE CENTER.  A LARGE STRAND OF CIRRUS ALONG THE 
EAST SIDE OF THE LOW WAS CENTERED BETWEEN 14N 173W AND 22N 169W. BUT 
THIS LOW WAS HAVING NO EFFECT ON THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. 

ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WERE DEVELOPING IN ASSOCIATION WITH WEAK LOW 
LEVEL VORTICES NEAR 11N 152W AND 11N 140W.  OTHERWISE...IT WAS 
RATHER QUIET ALONG THE ITCZ. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.