Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 05:45:09 -0500

926 
FZPN40 PHFO 161045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU SEP 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 10N156W 1012 MB MOVING W 10 KT. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 11N140W AND 
TO 08N164W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 80 NM W SEMICIRCLE. 
ALSO...SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 80 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE 
FROM 12N152W TO 10N155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N161W 1011 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N165W 1011 MB.

.LOW NEAR 11N139W 1012 MB MOVING W 08 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N143W 1012 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N143W 1011 MB.

.HIGH 28N155W 1022 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 28N140W 
AND TO 28N180W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N156W 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N160W 1021 MB.

.HIGH NEAR 31N162E 1018 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 
29N175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N162E 1018 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N162E 1018 MB.

.FORECAST COLD FRONT N OF FCST AREA FROM 33N180E TO 21N171E TO 
34N162E MOVING SLOWLY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N180W TO 29N171E TO 30N167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 28N180W TO 
29N170E.

.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT ALONG 30N E OF 148W MOVING S AND SE 10 
TO 15 KT.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 08N140W TO 08N158W TO 17N164W 
TO 20N150W TO 20N140W TO 08N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT BETWEEN 18N AND 10N E OF 163W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT BETWEEN 18N AND 10N FROM 153W TO 
167W. ALSO...SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N158W TO 26N166W TO 
25N179E TO 30N173E.

.SCATTERED TSTMS BETWEEN 24N AND 17N FROM 174W TO 179E. WIDELY 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS IN THE AREA W OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 
17N170E TO 13N179E TO 10N179E TO 03N160E.

$$
.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.