Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 07:30:33 -0500

759 
ATHW40 PHFO 161230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC THU SEP 16 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC SEPTEMBER 16 2010

TRADE WINDS WERE SWEEPING PATCHES AND CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED TO 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WESTWARD ACROSS THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS EARLY THIS 
THURSDAY MORNING.  THESE LOW CLOUDS HAD INCREASED IN NUMBER SINCE 
EARLY LAST EVENING.  THESE CLOUDS...MAINLY FROM 20N TO 24N LATITUDES 
BETWEEN 150W AND 170W LONGITUDES...WERE A MIX OF STRATOCUMULUS AND 
CUMULUS CLOUDS.   EAST OF 150W...THE LOW CLOUDS INCREASED IN 
DENSITY. 

SOUTH OF 20N...BETWEEN 140W AND 165W...BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS WERE 
THE RULE.  THESE LOW CLOUDS WERE MORE SHOWERY IN APPEARANCE. THE 
LOW CLOUDS NEAR THE ISLANDS WERE MOVING WEST AT 25 TO 30 MILES AN 
HOUR.   

AT 2 AM...MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES WERE BEING OBSERVED ALONG THE WINDWARD 
SECTIONS OF THE ENTIRE ISLAND CHAIN.  BUT IT WAS NEARLY CLOUD-FREE 
ON THE LEEWARD SIDE OF THE BIG ISLAND.  AND ONLY A FEW CLOUDS WERE 
NOTED NEAR LANAI AND THE LEE SIDE OF MAUI AND MOLOKAI.

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW FAR WEST OF THE STATE NEAR 21N 179W WAS MOVING 
WEST NEAR 15 MILES AN HOUR.  ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WERE FORMING 
MAINLY WITHIN 250 MILES NORTHEAST AND SOUTH OF ITS CENTER.  A STRAND 
OF CIRRUS STRETCHED FROM SOUTH TO NORTH ALONG THE EAST SIDE OF THE 
LOW.  THIS STRAND OF HIGH CLOUDS WAS CENTERED BETWEEN 15N 171W AND 
22N 170W. 

WIDELY SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WERE FORMING ALONG A WEAK SURFACE 
TROUGH SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS.  THE STORMS WERE MAINLY LOCATED FROM 
08N TO 12N BETWEEN 141W AND 151W.  HIGHEST STORM TOPS WERE NEAR 
50000 FEET. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.