Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:42:02 -0500

292 
ATPQ40 PGUM 161541
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST FRI SEP 17 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING EAST AND 
SOUTHEAST OF TYPHOON FANAPI (12W) LOCATED SOUTH OF OKINAWA...OR OVER 
THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE DISCUSSION AREA WEST OF A LINE FROM 
17N132E TO 23N132E. REFER TO JTWC BULLETIN UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN31 
PGTW OR JMA WARNING UNDER WMO HEADER WTJP21 RJTD FOR FURTHER 
INFORMATION ON FANAPI.

AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM EQ135E THROUGH AN 
UPPER LOW CENTERED JUST WEST OF SAIPAN AT 15N142E TO ANOTHER UPPER 
LOW CENTERED NORTHEAST OF PAGAN AT 23N148E...THEN TURNS EASTWARD TO 
A THIRD UPPER LOW CENTERED EAST OF MINAMI TORISHIMA NEAR 25N161E AND 
FINALLY CONTINUES EAST-SOUTHEASTWARD TO BEYOND 180 AT 20N. ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE TROUGH WEST OF THE CNMI WITHIN 
90 MILES OF A LINE FROM 16N139E TO 22N143E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A 
FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE SEEN NORTH OF THE MARIANAS AND OVER MINAMI 
TORISHIMA...OR NORTH OF A LINE FROM 22N144E TO 19N152E TO 24N158E.

CONVERGING TRADE WINDS ARE COUPLING WITH DIVERGENT WINDS SOUTH OF 
THE AFOREMENTIONED UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH TO PRODUCE A LARGE AREA OF 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NORTH OF EASTERN 
MICRONESIA AND JUST SOUTH OF WAKE ISLAND. THIS AREA IS BOUNDED BY A 
LINE FROM 15N147E TO 19N163E TO 11N180 TO 7N180 TO 13N163E TO 9N156E 
TO 9N148E BACK TO 15N147E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS OVER POHNPEI AND KOSRAE BUT JUST WEST OF KWAJALEIN 
BETWEEN 2N AND 12N FROM 158E TO 167E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.