Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:45:05 -0500

702 
FZPN40 PHFO 161645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU SEP 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 10N157W 1011 MB MOVING W 10 KT. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 10N150W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 12N AND 09N FROM 157W TO 151W.
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 250 NM W SEMICIRCLE OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N161W 1011 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N164W 1011 MB.

.LOW NEAR 11N140W 1010 MB MOVING W 08 KT. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 10N150W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 130 NM N OF TROUGH AND LOW E OF 
148W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N143W 1011 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N143W 1011 MB.

.HIGH 28N156W 1022 MB MOVING W SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 28N140W 
AND TO 28N180W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N158W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N161W 1021 MB.

.HIGH NEAR 31N162E 1018 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 
30N167E TO 29N175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH N OF FCST AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED N OF FCST AREA.

.COLD FRONT N OF FCST AREA FROM 32N180E TO 30N171E TO 32N162E MOVING 
S SLOWLY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 28N170E TO 30N165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 29N180W TO 
28N170E.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N140W TO 27N146W TO 30N152W MOVING S 
AND SE 10 TO 15 KT.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 08N140W TO 08N154W TO 17N163W 
TO 20N153W TO 20N140W TO 08N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT BETWEEN 18N AND 10N E OF 162W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT BETWEEN 18N AND 10N FROM 153W TO 
167W. ALSO...SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 26N167W TO 
26N180W TO 30N174E.

.SCATTERED TSTMS BETWEEN 24N AND 17N FROM 174W TO 179E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS W OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 13N172E TO 
06N171E.

.ITCZ FROM LOW AT 10N157W TO 08N160W TO 06N179E. SCATTERED TSTMS 
ALONG ITCZ W OF 170W.

$$
.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.