Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:23:21 -0500

253 
FZPN01 KWBC 161723 CCA
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU SEP 16 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 16. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 17. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N177W 978 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 420 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
AND WITHIN 480 NM N AND 540 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
15 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 39N TO 54N BETWEEN 
159W AND 169E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N177W 989 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
37N TO 59N BETWEEN 157W TO 170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N171W 995 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW AND 360 
NM SE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF A FRONT FROM 
57N172W TO 53N165W TO 44N159W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 
FT...HIGHEST IN SW QUADRANT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N160E 997 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N166E 993 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND 180 NM 
N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 46N141W 998 MB MOVING S 05 KT. WITHIN 180 NM LOW 
CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 360 NM W SEMICIRCLE...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N140W 1000 MB. FROM 38N TO 48N BETWEEN 
134W AND 150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N137W 1003 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.LOW 38N135W 1010 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N127W 1007 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 180 NM E QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N129W 1010 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.LOW 38N157W 1010 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. FROM 32N TO 38N BETWEEN 
150W AND 175W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N144W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S OF A 
FRONT EXTENDING FROM 35N135W TO LOW CENTER TO 36N158W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N133W 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.FROM 33N TO 35N BETWEEN 121W AND 123W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 36N BETWEEN 120W AND 123W N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 165E AND 170E. 

.HIGH 54N157W 1023 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N153W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N149W 1022 MB. 

.HIGH 40N163E 1025 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N170E 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N179E 1021 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 31N160E 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N160E 1019 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU SEP 16.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI SEP 17.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT SEP 18.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES 11N139W 1010 MB DRIFTING W. FROM 11N TO 16N W OF 137W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST. LOW PRES W OF AREA. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 12N112W 1006 MB DRIFTING W. FROM 06N TO 12N BETWEEN 
103W AND 124W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN SW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 16N BETWEEN 94W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12N113W 1006 MB. FROM 05N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 102W AND 125W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT 
IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 19N BETWEEN 92W AND 127W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 13N114W 1005 MB. FROM 05N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 104W AND 125W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN SW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 19N BETWEEN 88W AND 126W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC THU SEP 16...

.LOW PRES 12N112W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM SW QUADRANT.

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG N OF 04N E OF 80W...AND FROM 
05N TO 09N BETWEEN 87W AND 90W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...16N97W TO 13N108W TO 12N119W TO 
08N128W TO 11N138W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 11N 
TO 16N BETWEEN 92W AND 99W...FROM 11N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 
128W...AND WITHIN 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 112W AND 
121W. SCATTERED MODERATE IS WITHIN 120 NM N AND 90 NM S OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 123W AND 129W.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.