Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:36:50 -0500

668 
ATHW40 PHFO 161836
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU SEP 16 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC SEPTEMBER 16 2010

HIGH PRESSURE CENTERED 400 MILES NORTH OF THE STATE ARE PROVIDING 
TRADE WINDS ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 28N. LOW 
CLOUDS ARE MOVING ALONG WITH THE TRADES FROM 10 TO 20 MPH. SCATTERED 
TO BROKEN LOW STRATOCUMULUS ARE LOCATED BETWEEN 10N AND 23N FROM 
140W TO 170W. NORTH OF 23N TO 30N SKIES ARE MOSTLY CLEAR WITH A HIGH 
PRESSURE RIDGE RUNNING ALONG 27N. 

WINDWARD AND MOUNTAIN AREAS OF THE MAIN ISLANDS HAVE MOSTLY CLOUDY 
SKIES WITH TRADE WINDS PUSHING MOISTURE UP THE MOUNTAIN SLOPES. 
LEEWARD LOCATIONS ARE PARTLY CLOUDY TO MOSTLY CLEAR. WINDWARD 
COASTAL WATERS HAVE PATCHES OF OVERCAST SKIES MIXED WITH PARTLY 
CLOUDY SKIES. LEEWARD COASTAL WATERS ARE MOSTLY CLEAR WITH THE 
EXCEPTION OF KAUAI WATERS WHICH ARE MOSTLY CLOUDY. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW SPINNING NEAR 20N AND 
THE DATELINE. THE UPPER LOW IS PRODUCING SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS 
NEAR THE CENTER OF THE LOW WITH CLOUD TOPS REACHING 45 THOUSAND 
FEET. 

FAR SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS WITHIN THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE 
ZONE...SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORMING BETWEEN 5N AND 13N. 
WITHIN THE SAME AREA...UNORGANIZED CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A 
WEAK SURFACE LOW NEAR 11N 142W AND ANOTHER WEAK LOW PRESSURE NEAR 
11N 158W. CLOUD TOP HEIGHTS ARE REACHING AS HIGH AS 52 THOUSAND FEET 
IN THESE THUNDERSTORMS. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.