Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:46:34 -0500

879 
FZPN01 KWBC 162146
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC THU SEP 16 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 16. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 17. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N178W 981 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. WITHIN 480 NM LOW 
CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 600 NM E QUADRANT...WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW CENTER. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 39N TO 59N BETWEEN 158W AND 169E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N175W 991 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 37N TO 59N 
BETWEEN 156W TO 172E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N169W 998 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW AND 360 
NM SE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF A FRONT FROM 
57N175W TO 54N166W TO 44N157W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 
FT...HIGHEST IN SW QUADRANT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N161E 995 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N166E 990 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
37N TO 50N W OF 177E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 45N142W 1003 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. WITHIN 120 NM E AND 360 NM 
W SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N139W 1001 MB. FROM 38N TO 48N BETWEEN 
132W AND 149W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N137W 1005 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.LOW 41N135W 1010 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N127W 1007 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 37N155W 1013 MB MOVING E 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 36N138W 
TO 34N143W TO LOW CENTER TO 40N162W TO 34N175W. S OF THE FRONT N 
OF 30N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N141W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S OF A 
FRONT EXTENDING FROM 37N130W TO LOW CENTER TO 32N149W TO 36N160W 
TO 32N174W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N130W 1008 MB. N OF 30N WITHIN 240 NM SE 
OF A FRONT EXTENDING FROM 40N127W TO LOW CENTER TO 30N137W WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 124W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 165E AND 173E. 

.HIGH 55N154W 1023 MB MOVING E 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N151W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N148W 1021 MB. 

.HIGH 41N165E 1024 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N172E 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N179E 1022 MB. 

.HIGH 32N160E 1019 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU SEP 16.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI SEP 17.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT SEP 18.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW NEAR 11N140W 1012 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 60 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED W OF AREA. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW NEAR 12N112W 1008 MB DRIFTING W. FROM 06N TO 14N BETWEEN 
103W AND 125W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN SW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 17N BETWEEN 94W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 07N TO 18N W OF 130W
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 12N113W 1006 MB. FROM 07N TO 14N 
BETWEEN BETWEEN 103W AND 125W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 13 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 19N BETWEEN 92W AND 127W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 13N114W 1005 MB. WITHIN 270 NM SE 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN
180 NM OF LOW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM
07N TO 14N BETWEEN 103W AND 125W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN SW SWELL...HIGHEST BETWEEN 103W AND 112W.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2115 UTC THU SEP 16...

.LOW NEAR 12N112W...SCATTERED STRONG WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM
14N112W TO 15N116W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF 12N114W.

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG S OF THE AXIS FROM 11N TO 14N
BETWEEN 96W AND 100W. SIMILAR ACTIVITY IS WITHIN 30 NM OF 
07N89W...AND ALONG THE COAST OF PANAMA AND SOUTHERN COSTA RICA.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...16N97W TO 13N108W TO 13N118W TO
08N128W TO 11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF 
AXIS BETWEEN 103W AND 107W...AND WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS W OF 137W. 

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.