Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:45:12 -0500

023 
FZPN40 PHFO 162245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU SEP 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 11N141W 1012 MB MOVING W SLOWLY. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 10N152W... 
AND FROM LOW TO 11N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 90 
NM OF TROUGH E OF 147W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N143W 1012 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
10N164W...AND FROM LOW TO 10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N144W 1012 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
10N166W...AND FROM LOW TO 10N140W.

.FRONT FROM 30N178E TO 30N174E MOVING S SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 28N175E TO 30N167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 27N174W.

.TROUGH FROM 25N176E TO 20N174E MOVING W 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 25N171E TO 20N169E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 25N166E TO 21N164E.

.HIGH 28N154W 1022 MB MOVING W 10 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 28N180W... 
AND FROM HIGH TO 27N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N159W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N160W 1021 MB.

.RIDGE FROM 30N163E TO 28N172E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 25N147W TO 28N154W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 20N TO 10N E OF 162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 19N TO 10N BETWEEN 164W AND 
149W....AND N OF 28N BETWEEN 172E AND 172W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178E TO 
23N170W TO 30N158W.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF A LINE FROM 
17N160E TO 10N170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE FROM 14N TO 
04N W OF 175E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 24N TO 18N BETWEEN 179E 
AND 176W.

.ITCZ FROM 10N153W TO 06N177E. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.