Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 19:31:12 -0500

916 
ATHW40 PHFO 170031
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI SEP 17 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC SEPTEMBER 17 2010

HIGH PRESSURE CENTERED 400 MILES NORTH OF THE STATE ARE PROVIDING 
TRADE WINDS ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 26N. LOW 
CLOUDS ARE MOVING ALONG WITH THE TRADES BETWEEN 10 TO 20 MPH. 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW STRATOCUMULUS ARE LOCATED BETWEEN 10N AND 
23N FROM 140W TO 170W. NORTH OF 23N TO 30N SKIES ARE MOSTLY CLEAR 
WITH A HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE RUNNING ALONG 27N PRODUCING THE CLEARER 
SKIES. 

WINDWARD AND MOUNTAIN AREAS OF THE MAIN ISLANDS...EXCEPT OAHU...
HAVE MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES WITH TRADE WINDS PUSHING MOISTURE UP THE 
MOUNTAIN SLOPES. OAHU HAS MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES ON BOTH WINDWARD AND 
LEEWARD SIDES OF THE ISLAND. THE LEEWARD COAST AND LOWER SLOPES OF 
THE BIG ISLAND...THE LOWER SLOPES OF THE KAU DISTRICT...AND THE 
LOWER SLOPES OF HALEAKALA HAVE MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES. OTHER LEEWARD 
LOCATIONS HAVE PARTLY CLOUDY TO MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES. WINDWARD COASTAL 
WATERS HAVE PATCHES OF OVERCAST SKIES MIXED WITH PARTLY CLOUDY 
SKIES. THE COASTAL WATERS HAVE MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES WITH PATCHES OF 
BROKEN CLOUDS MOVING ALONG WITH TRADE WINDS. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW SPINNING NEAR 20N AND 
THE DATELINE. THE UPPER LOW IS PRODUCING SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS 
NEAR THE CENTER OF THE LOW WITH CLOUD TOPS REACHING 47 THOUSAND 
FEET. 

FAR SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS WITHIN THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE 
ZONE...SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORMING BETWEEN 5N AND 13N. 
WITHIN THE SAME AREA...UNORGANIZED CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A 
WEAK SURFACE LOW NEAR 11N 142W AND A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH NEAR 
11N 159W. CLOUD TOP HEIGHTS ARE REACHING AS HIGH AS 52 THOUSAND FEET 
IN THESE THUNDERSTORMS. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.