Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:36:33 -0500

167 
ATPQ40 PGUM 170336
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST FRI SEP 17 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING EAST OF TYPHOON 
FANAPI (12W) LOCATED SOUTH OF OKINAWA BETWEEN 17N AND 24N AND WEST 
OF 132E. REFER TO JTWC BULLETIN UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN31 PGTW OR JMA 
WARNING UNDER WMO HEADER WTJP21 RJTD FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON 
FANAPI.

AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM  AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW 
AT 17N142E...NORTHWEST OF THE MARIANAS TO AN UPPER LOW AT 23N146E 
AND TO AN ANOTHER UPPER LOW NORTHWEST OF WAKE ISLAND AT 25N160E. 
WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH 
THIS TROUGH ARE LOCATED IN THE VICINITY OF THE GUAM AND SAIPAN 
WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 12N141E TO 18N152E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO SEEN WEST OF MINAMI 
TORISHIMA BETWEEN 22N AND 25N FROM 145E TO 151E.

CONVERGING TRADE WINDS AND TWO SURFACE TROUGHS...ONE RUNNING FROM 
12N157E TO 18N163E...THE OTHER RUNNING FROM 9N168E TO 13N169E...ARE 
PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER A LARGE 
AREA BETWEEN 9N AND 21N FROM 154E TO 171E. THIS AREA IS JUST NORTH 
OF CHUUK...POHNPEI...AND MAJURO AND JUST TO THE SOUTHWEST OF WAKE
ISLAND.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS EAST OF MAJURO BETWEEN 3N AND 8N FROM 176E TO EAST OF 
180.
 
$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.