Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 23:45:30 -0500

543 
FZPN40 PHFO 170445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI SEP 17 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 17 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 18 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 19 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 11N142W 1010 MB MOVING W SLOWLY. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 11N152W TO 
10N163W...AND FROM LOW TO 10N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N143W 1010 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
09N164W...AND FROM LOW TO 10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N143W 1010 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
10N167W...AND FROM LOW TO 10N140W.

.FRONT FROM 30N178E TO 30N173E MOVING S SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 28N174E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 29N179E.

.TROUGH FROM 25N175E TO 20N173E MOVING W 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 25N169E TO 20N167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 28N156W 1022 MB MOVING W 10 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 29N178W... 
AND FROM HIGH TO 26N146W TO 27N140W. RIDGES NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N160W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N165W 1021 MB.

.RIDGE FROM 30N161E TO 28N163E TO 27N171E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N144W TO 29N147W TO 30N150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 24N149W TO 26N153W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 20N TO 10N E OF 162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 173E AND 167W. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 19N TO 11N BETWEEN 165W AND 151W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N179E TO 
20N172W TO 30N155W.

..OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF A LINE FROM 
17N160E TO 08N169E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 22N TO 17N BETWEEN 
179E AND 177W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N167W TO 06N177E. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 
NM N OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.