Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 05:45:06 -0500

706 
FZPN40 PHFO 171045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI SEP 17 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 17 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 18 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 19 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 11N143W 1011 MB BECOMING STATIONARY. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
11N152W TO 08N173W TO 06N176E...AND FROM LOW TO 11N140W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 07N TO 13N E OF 165W...IN AREA FROM 06N 
TO 10N BETWEEN 165W AND 179E...IN AREA FROM 04N TO 08N BETWEEN 173E 
AND 179E...AND IN AREA FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 173W AND 178W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N143W 1011 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 10N164W 
TO 07N176E...AND FROM LOW TO 10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N142W 1011 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 09N167W 
TO 07N176W...AND FROM LOW TO 10N140W.

.FRONT FROM 30N179W TO 28N175E TO 30N169E MOVING S 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 28N174E TO 30N163E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 29N177E TO 
30N163E.

.TROUGH FROM 18N163E TO 12N160E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS W OF LINE FROM 20N160E TO 16N173E TO 10N174E TO 06N169E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MOVED W OF FORECAST AREA.

.HIGH 29N158W 1021 MB BECOMING NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGES FROM HIGH 
TO 28N179W...AND FROM HIGH TO 26N146W TO 27N140W. RIDGES NEARLY 
STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N160W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N165W 1022 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 28N147W TO 30N151W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 23N149W TO 24N153W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 10N TO 18N E OF 162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 164W AND 179W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 12N TO 18N BETWEEN 158W 
AND 166W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 
FROM 30N150W TO 12N159W TO 10N167W TO 30N180W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 15N TO 23N BETWEEN 177W AND 177E.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.