Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:45:08 -0500

009 
FZPN40 PHFO 171645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI SEP 17 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 17 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 18 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 19 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 11N143W 1010 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
10N158W TO 07N175W TO 06N177E...AND FROM LOW TO 10N140W. SCATTERED 
STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM SW QUADRANT OF LOW. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM N...AND WITHIN 120 NM S...OF TROUGH... 
AND IN AREA FROM 02N TO 08N BETWEEN 171E AND 177E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N142W 1009 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 10N164W 
TO 09N179E...AND FROM LOW TO 10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N142W 1009 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 09N156W 
TO 09N173W...AND FROM LOW TO 11N140W.

.FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 28N175E TO 30N167E MOVING S 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N...AND WITHIN 60 NM S...OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 28N175E TO 30N163E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 29N177E TO 
30N171E.

.TROUGH FROM 18N162E TO 14N160E MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS W OF LINE FROM 20N164E TO 15N174E TO 06N169E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MOVED W OF FORECAST AREA.

.HIGH 28N159W 1021 MB MOVING W SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
28N178W...AND FROM HIGH TO 27N146W TO 27N140W. RIDGES NEARLY 
STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N162W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N167W 1021 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 26N148W TO 30N152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 22N153W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 12N TO 18N E OF 161W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 164W AND 178E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 12N TO 18N BETWEEN 159W 
AND 167W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 
FROM 30N150W TO 12N159W TO 10N167W TO 30N179E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 13N TO 23N BETWEEN 176W AND 177E.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.