Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 16:41:02 -0500

151 
FZPN01 KWBC 172140
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FRI SEP 17 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 17. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 18. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 45N154E 995 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 34N TO 49N W OF 166E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N167E 980 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
36N W OF 177E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N173E 971 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 45N W OF 172W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
17 FT. ALSO BETWEEN 480 NM AND 900 NM NE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 240 
NM E AND SE OF A LINE FROM 45N172W TO 40N173E TO 37N160E WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N175W 992 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 37N TO 60N BETWEEN 156W AND 172E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N168W 1000 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW...780 NM 
SE AND 660 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 
FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 53N173E 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 41N140W 1001 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 480 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N136W 1006 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND 540 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 36N137W 1007 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 36N130W 
TO LOW CENTER TO 33N147W TO 32N142W. N OF 30N WITHIN 240 NM S OF 
THE FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N130W 1006 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE OF 
A FRONT EXTENDING FROM LOW CENTER TO 30N135W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N128W 1006 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 142W AND 171W AREA OF W WINDS LESS THAN 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 143W AND 180W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 140W AND 170W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 180 NM OF 
54N174W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE 
FROM 57N171W TO 54N169W TO 51N162W AND FROM 42N TO 48N BETWEEN 
175E AND 170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE 
FROM 55N167W TO 62N176W. 

.HIGH 55N147W 1026 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N146W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N149W 1022 MB. 

.HIGH 38N170E 1022 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N179E 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N175W 1024 MB. 

.HIGH 32N161E 1019 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH ABSORBED BY 35N179E.

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI SEP 17.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT SEP 18.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN SEP 19.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 24N TO 27N E OF 116W TO BAJA CALIFORNIA COAST NW WINDS
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N E OF 117W TO W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N E OF 118W TO COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA
NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N E OF 120W TO COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA
NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.LOW NEAR 15N113W 1007 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 180 NM NW QUADRANT 
NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 05N TO 15N BETWEEN 105W
AND 128W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 
18N BETWEEN 100W AND 126W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN SW SWELL...HIGHEST BETWEEN 95W AND 110W. S OF 18N E OF 100W
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. NEW LOW NEAR 15N109W 1006 MB. 
WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 330 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 2O TO 25 KT. SEAS
8 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 18N BETWEEN 100W AND 124W WINDS
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 17N106W 1006 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. WITHIN 120 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. TROUGH FROM 17N108W TO 
15N113W TO 11N127W. S OF TROUGH TO 09N S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 19N BETWEEN 96W AND 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.LOW NEAR 10N125W 1008 MB DRIFTING NE. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 13N122W 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 14N121W 1008 MB. CONDITIONS AS 
DESCRIBED IN ABOVE PARAGRAPH WITH TROUGH.

.06 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT APPROACHING NW CORNER OF AREA. N OF 
29N W OF 135W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N138W TO 29N140W. N OF 29N 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONTAL TROUGH FROM 30N130W TO 
26N140W. N OF 29N W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT 
IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC FRI SEP 17...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG IS WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 
06N81W TO 07N85W TO 08N90W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...EXTENDS FROM LOW NEAR 10N125W 
TO 07N132W TO 09N140W. TO ITS E...A MONSOON TROUGH AXIS EXTENDS 
FROM 14N92W TO 12N101W TO 15N112W TO LOW NEAR 10N125W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG EXISTS FROM 12N TO 16N BETWEEN 101W AND 109W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG IS WITHIN 180 NM S OF THE 
TROUGH AXIS BETWEEN 118W AND 124W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.