Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 17:45:13 -0500

463 
FZPN40 PHFO 172245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI SEP 17 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 17 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 18 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 19 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 10N144W 1010 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 10N151W 
TO 07N156W...AND FROM LOW TO 09N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM OF LOW AND TROUGHS E OF 151W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N142W 1010 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
10N167W...AND FROM LOW TO 10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N142W 1010 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
08N167W...AND FROM LOW TO 10N140W.

.FRONT FROM 30N179W TO 29N175E TO 30N170E NEARLY STATIONARY. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N172W TO 27N180W TO 30N169E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 29N160W 1022 MB MOVING NW SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
28N179W...AND FROM HIGH TO 26N150W TO 25N140W. RIDGES NEARLY 
STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N163W 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N166W 1021 MB.

.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 27N146W TO 30N152W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 24N151W TO 29N157W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 25N140W TO 22N151W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 29N BETWEEN 174E AND 170W...AND FROM 18N TO 11N 
E OF 162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178E TO 
23N171W TO 30N158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178W TO 10N172W 
TO 10N156W TO 30N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 23N TO 13N BETWEEN 175E AND 178W... 
AND W OF A LINE FROM 20N160E TO 14N170E TO 06N166E TO 04N160E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N160W TO 06N170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS 
WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.