Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:30:13 -0500

561 
ATHW40 PHFO 180030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT SEP 18 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC SEPTEMBER 18 2010

HIGH PRESSURE CENTERED 400 MILES NORTH OF THE STATE IS PROVIDING 
TRADE WINDS ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 26N. LOW 
CLOUDS ARE MOVING ALONG WITH THE TRADES BETWEEN 10 TO 20 MPH. 
SCATTERED STRATOCUMULUS WITH PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE 
LOCATED BETWEEN 10N AND 23N FROM 140W TO 170W. NORTH OF 23N TO 30N 
SKIES ARE MOSTLY CLEAR WITH A HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE RUNNING ALONG 28N 
PRODUCING THE CLEARER SKIES. 

KAUAI HAS MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES OVER THE ENTIRE ISLAND. OAHU/S 
WINDWARD SLOPES AND COAST HAVE MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES WHILE THE LEEWARD 
AREAS ARE MOSTLY CLEAR. MAUI COUNTY IS MOSTLY CLEAR WITH A FEW 
WINDWARD CLOUDS CLINGING TO THE MOUNTAINS. THE BIG ISLAND IS MOSTLY 
CLOUDY OVER THE WINDWARD LOWER SLOPES...KAU DISTRICT...AND THE LOWER 
LEEWARD SLOPES. THE REST OF THE BIG ISLAND HAS CLEAR SKIES. 

FAR SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS WITHIN THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE 
ZONE...SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORMING BETWEEN 5N AND 13N. 
WITHIN THE SAME AREA...UNORGANIZED CONVECTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A 
WEAK SURFACE FEATURE NEAR 11N 144W. CLOUD TOP HEIGHTS ARE REACHING 
AS HIGH AS 52 THOUSAND FEET IN THESE THUNDERSTORMS. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.