Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 23:04:22 -0500

804 
ATPQ40 PGUM 180404
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
2 PM CHST SAT SEP 18 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 6N130E TO 23N147E 
TO AN UPPER LOW NEAR 22N 158E. DIVERGENT WINDS EAST OF THIS TROUGH 
ARE ENHANCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE 
SOUTHERN MARIANAS ISLANDS OR WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 14N145E 
TO 10N146E. 

A SURFACE TROUGH EAST OF THE MARIANAS EXTENDS FROM 8N149E TO 
20N160E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND 
BETWEEN THE MARIANAS AND WAKE ISLAND BETWEEN 12N AND 20N FROM 151E 
TO 162E.  

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS FROM EAST OF 
KOSRAE TO THE MARSHALL ISLANDS OR IN THE AREA BOUNDED BY 7N167E TO 
14N180 TO 6N180 TO 2N170E TO 4N166E AND BACK TO 7N167E.  

SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS...ASSOCIATED WITH 
TYPHOON FANAPI (12W) LOCATED SOUTH OF OKINAWA... ARE LOCATED AT
THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE DISCUSSION AREA WEST OF A LINE FROM 
15N130E TO 20N131E TO 21N131E. REFER TO JTWC BULLETIN UNDER WMO 
HEADER WTPN31 PGTW OR JMA WARNING UNDER WMO HEADER WTJP21 RJTD FOR 
FURTHER INFORMATION ON FANAPI.
 
$$

MILLER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.