Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 23:45:14 -0500

050 
FZPN40 PHFO 180445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT SEP 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 09N145W 1009 MB MOVING SW SLOWLY. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
10N154W...AND FROM LOW TO 09N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM OF LOW AND TROUGHS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 09N143W 1009 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
10N166W...AND FROM LOW TO 10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N143W 1009 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
08N167W...AND FROM LOW TO 12N140W.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 29N145W TO 30N148W MOVING SE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 24N150W TO 27N155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 25N140W TO 22N150W.

.FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 29N173E TO 30N166E NEARLY STATIONARY. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT E OF 173E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 29N179E TO 30N170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 29N161W 1022 MB MOVING NW SLOWLY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 28N179W 
NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 24N150W TO 25N140W MOVING S 15 
KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N165W 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 173E AND 166W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 
19N TO 11N BETWEEN 166W AND 143W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N180W TO 15N180W 
TO 30N153W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 08N167W 
TO 18N178E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 21N TO 17N BETWEEN 174E AND 180W... 
AND W OF A LINE FROM 19N160E TO 14N169E TO 05N160E.

.ITCZ FROM 12N158W TO 09N178W TO 07N169E. ISOLATED MODERATE TO 
STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.