Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 04:45:46 -0500

003 
FZPN01 KWBC 180945
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT SEP 18 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 18. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 19. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N162E 988 MB MOVING NE 25 KT WILL TURN E AND SLOW AFTER 24
HOURS. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 420 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO
40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 37N TO 52N W OF 170E WINDS
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N169E 972 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM
NE...480 NM SE AND 420 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10
TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM NE...900 NM SE AND 540 NM SW
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N178E 976 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 480 NM
S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 22 TO 32 FT. ALSO W
AND NW OF A LINE FROM 43N179W TO 60N164W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS
12 TO 22 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 48N171W 996 MB MOVING NE 15 KT AND WEAKENING. FRONT EXTENDS
FROM 54N171W TO 53N164W TO 42N158W. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE OF
FRONT AND WITHIN 300 NM E AND 480 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30
KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. HIGHEST CONDITIONS NEAR 45N172W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WEAKENING FRONT TO EXTEND FROM
60N179W TO 55N163W TO 43N156W. WITHIN 300 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 55N
AND WITHIN 120 NM E AND NE OF FRONT S OF 55N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.
SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE WITH LOW 53N178E.

.LOW 40N137W 1004 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLE
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 43N127W
BELOW.

.LOW 37N131W 1004 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 39N127W
TO LOW CENTER TO 30N140W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS TO 25
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N127W 1004 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND WITH ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS
DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 122W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS
TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 45N150W 1011 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 43N BETWEEN 166W AND 177E AREA OF W
TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 35N TO 40N E OF
131W AND FROM 46N TO 58N BETWEEN 159W AND 178E AND FROM 38N TO
49N W OF 168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 42N E OF 129W AND FROM
49N TO 59N BETWEEN 156W AND 174W...AND FROM 41N TO 53N BETWEEN
173W AND 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 56N TO 61N BETWEEN 164W AND
172W.

.HIGH 53N146W 1026 MB STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.HIGH 36N173E 1021 MB MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N178W 1023 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N169W 1023 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 35N139W 1020 MB.

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT SEP 18.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN SEP 19.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON SEP 20.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM N OF 26N WITHIN 150 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW TO 
N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N E OF 119W TO W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N E OF 122W TO W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.LOW NEAR 15N113W 1008 MB DRIFTING S. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW SWELL.  
ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 16N BETWEEN 96W AND 116W SW TO W WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN MIXED SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N 
BETWEEN 96W AND 117W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
SW SWELL...HIGHEST BETWEEN 95W AND 110W. S OF 15N E OF 96W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. NEW LOW NEAR 15N109W 1005 MB. 
WITHIN 330 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 2O TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 18N BETWEEN 90W AND 118W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 15.5N109W 1005 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE 
QUADRANT AND S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 16N BETWEEN 100W AND 114W WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 19N 
BETWEEN 90W AND 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SW 
SWELL.

.LOW NEAR 12N125W 1009 MB DRIFTING NE. WITHIN 270 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 13N123W 1007 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 17N 
BETWEEN 118W AND 126W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW 
SWELL.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 14N120W 1007 MB. WITHIN 150 NM SW AND 
SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 
14N BETWEEN 114W AND 127W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
SW SWELL. 

.COLD FRONT 32N136W TO 28N143W APPROACHING FAR NW CORNER OF 
AREA. N OF 28N WITHIN 150 NM SE OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 31N130W TO 26N140W. 
NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATED. N OF 28N W OF 137W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SAT SEP 18...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...ANTICYCLONIC S TO SW WINDS WERE 
FLOWING INTO THE S SIDE OF AN ELONGATED MONSOONAL TROUGH THAT 
DOMINATED S PORTIONS OF THE AREA...WITH AN EASTERN SEGMENT 
EXTENDING FROM THE SW CARIBBEAN ACROSS NICARAGUA AND HONDURAS TO 
OFFSHORE OF THE MEXICAN COAST NEAR 15N96W. A LARGER AND MORE 
CONVECTIVELY ACTIVE SEGMENT OF THIS TROUGH EXTENDED FROM NEAR 
17N103W TO 12N120W TO 12N125W TO 09N140W AND BEYOND. SCATTERED 
TO LOCALLY NUMEROUS CONVECTION WAS OCCURRING S OF THIS TROUGH 
AXIS...N OF 05N BETWEEN 84W AND 93W...AND WITHIN 270 NM OF THE 
MEXICAN COAST BETWEEN 93W AND 106W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
CONVECTION WAS ALSO NOTED WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE TROUGH 
BETWEEN 120W AND 127W...AND W OF 137W.

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.