Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 05:40:13 -0500

744 
FZPN40 PHFO 181040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT SEP 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 09N145W 1009 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
10N154W...AND FROM LOW TO 09N140W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM S...AND WITHIN 90 NM N OF LOW AND 
TROUGHS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 09N144W 1009 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
10N165W...AND FROM LOW TO 10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N143W 1009 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
08N164W...AND FROM LOW TO 11N140W.

.FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 28N145W TO 28N150W TO 30N152W. FRONT MOVING 
SE 15 KT E OF 145W...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 23N150W TO 24N155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 24N144W TO 
19N154W.

.FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 28N173E TO 30N165E NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT E OF 178E...AND 
WITHIN 150 NM S OF FRONT BETWEEN 178E AND 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 29N180E TO 30N177E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 29N168W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 28N153W.

.HIGH 28N161W 1022 MB MOVING W SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
28N176W...AND FROM HIGH TO 24N146W TO 24N140W. RIDGES NEARLY 
STATIONARY...EXCEPT PORTION OF RIDGE E OF 152W MOVING S 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N164W 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 165W AND 177E...AND IN AREA 
FROM 12N TO 17N BETWEEN 155W AND 162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA N OF 18N BETWEEN 164W AND 
176W...IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 154W AND 164W...AND IN AREA FROM 10N 
TO 16N BETWEEN 156W AND 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 24N BETWEEN 
158W AND 180E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA N OF 25N BETWEEN 143W AND 158W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 154W AND 
159W...AND IN AREA FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 162E. 

.ITCZ FROM 11N159W TO 08N168E. ISOLATED MODERATE TO LOCALLY STRONG 
TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.