Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 10:01:20 -0500

148 
ATPQ40 PGUM 181501
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST SUN SEP 19 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED SOUTHWEST OF IWO TO ISLAND AT 
23N137E. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND IN THE VICINITY OF THE 
ISLAND OR NORTH OF A LINE FROM 21N138E TO 20N142E TO 23N147E.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHWARD FROM 1N152E TO A LOW-LEVEL 
CIRCULATION CENTERED EAST OF THE MARIANAS AT 15N151E...THEN TURNS 
NORTHEASTWARD TO END AT 21N157E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE CIRCULATION WITHIN 250 MILES OF 
A LINE FROM 12N153E TO 23N160E. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND 
BETWEEN THE CIRCULATION AND THE MARIANAS WITHIN 115 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 9N147E TO 18N150E...AND ALSO JUST WEST OF GUAM AND ROTA WITHIN 
50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 11N142E TO 15N144E. CONVERGING TRADE WINDS 
EAST OF THE CIRCULATION ARE PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS SOUTHWEST OF 
WAKE ISLAND WITHIN 90 MILES OF A LINE FROM 11N160E TO 17N163E. 
SIMILAR WEATHER IS ALSO PRESENT NEAR THE SOUTHERN END OF THE TROUGH 
FROM CHUUK SOUTHWESTWARD TO NEAR THE EQUATOR...OR WITHIN 145 MILES 
OF A LINE FROM 9N157E TO 3N150E TO 3N141E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS JUST EAST OF KOSRAE BETWEEN 3N AND 9N FROM 164E TO 
166E...AND ALSO FROM MAJURO NORTHEASTWARD TO THE DATE LINE WITHIN 90 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 6N170E TO 8N177E TO 11N178E TO 13N173E.
 
$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.