Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:40:16 -0500

606 
FZPN40 PHFO 181640
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT SEP 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 09N145W 1009 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 10N155W 
TO 11N159W...AND FROM LOW TO 09N140W NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO LOCALLY STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGHS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 09N145W 1009 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
10N152W TO 09N164W...AND FROM LOW TO 09N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N145W 1009 MB. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
10N156W TO 08N167W...AND FROM LOW TO 11N140W.

.FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 27N149W TO 30N153W. FRONT MOVING SE 10 KT E 
OF 149W...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 22N150W TO 23N154W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 23N146W TO 19N154W.

.FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 29N175E TO 29N169E NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 29N178E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 29N172W.

.HIGH 30N161W 1022 MB MOVING W SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
28N177W...AND FROM HIGH TO 26N155W TO 24N145W TO 24N140W. RIDGES 
NEARLY STATIONARY...EXCEPT PORTION OF RIDGE E OF 155W MOVING S 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N166W 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 163W AND 179E...AND IN AREA 
FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN 156W AND 164W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 151W AND 
173W...IN AREA FROM 12N TO 24N BETWEEN 162W AND 176W...AND IN AREA 
FROM 12N TO 16N BETWEEN 155W AND 162W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 23N BETWEEN 
158W AND 179E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA N OF 26N E OF 156W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 10N TO 21N W OF 164E. 

.ITCZ FROM 11N162W TO 08N169E. ISOLATED MODERATE TO LOCALLY STRONG 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.