Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:45:11 -0500

297 
FZPN40 PHFO 182245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SAT SEP 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 08N146W 1009 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 10N155W 
TO 10N140W...AND FROM LOW TO 10N159W NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW AND TROUGHS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 09N145W 1010 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N146W 1011 MB. 

.FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 26N149W MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 21N152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 21N152W.

.FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 29N178E TO 29N169E NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED TSTMS N OF 26N BETWEEN 173E AND 179W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF AREA. 

.HIGH 29N162W 1021 MB MOVING W SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
28N174W...AND FROM HIGH TO 21N150W NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N165W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N179W TO 18N171W TO 30N155W...AND 
FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN 154W AND 167W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 17N179W TO 
10N168W TO 12N156W TO 25N154W TO 30N140W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 08N TO 23N BETWEEN 157W AND 
174E. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 03N AND 07N W OF 164E. 

.ITCZ FROM 10N161W TO 10N178W TO 08N167E. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 
NM OF ITCZ.

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.