Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 22:18:51 -0500

751 
ATPQ40 PGUM 190318
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SUN SEP 19 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 20N155E THROUGH A 
DEVELOPING TROPICAL DISTURBANCE CENTERED EAST OF THE MARIANAS NEAR 
14N151E...TO END AT 11N146E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING IN THE VICINITY OF THE DISTURBANCE AND 
TROUGH BETWEEN 19N AND 12N FROM 150E TO 159E AND SOUTH OF GUAM 
WITHIN 60 MILES OF A LINE FROM 11N145E TO 14N150E. CONVERGING 
SOUTHEAST WINDS SOUTHEAST OF THE DISTURBANCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS JUST TO THE NORTH OF POHNPEI BETWEEN 
12N AND 7N FROM 154E TO 160E.

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH RUNS SOUTHWARD FROM 12N140E TO 8N141E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND EAST OF YAP WITHIN 100 MILES OF THE 
TROUGH.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS SOUTHWEST OF 
CHUUK WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 2N138E TO 5N152E. FARTHER 
EAST...SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE LOCATED JUST TO THE SOUTH OF MAJURO 
WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE FROM 4N166E TO 9N177E.
 
$$

WILLIAMS/STANKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.