Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 23:45:22 -0500

527 
FZPN40 PHFO 190445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN SEP 19 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 19 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 20 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 21 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 09N147W 1010 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
10N140W...AND FROM LOW TO 10N155W TO 10N164W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW AND TROUGHS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 09N146W 1010 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N145W 1010 MB. 

.FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 24N151W MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 21N152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 21N152W.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N179W TO 29N168E NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED TSTMS N OF 26N BETWEEN 174E AND 179W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 28N164W 1022 MB MOVING W 10 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
27N174W...AND FROM HIGH TO 23N156W TO 21N150W NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N167W 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N179W TO 18N171W TO 30N154W...AND 
FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN 154W AND 167W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N179E TO 
10N167W TO 12N156W TO 24N154W TO 30N140W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 08N TO 23N BETWEEN 158W AND 
175E. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 06N AND 20N W OF 161E. 

.ITCZ FROM 10N165W TO 10N176W TO 07N164E. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 
NM OF ITCZ.

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.